Need a new refrigerator? If you haven’t been to an appliance or big box store lately, you might be surprised by the variety of styles available
now. A recent article on NorthJersey.com
highlights how appliance manufacturers are designing refrigerators to meet consumers’ needs and varying lifestyles.
Refrigerators now come in the following combinations:
- Top-mounted freezer with a single refrigerator compartment
- Bottom-mounted freezer with a single refrigerator compartment
- A side-by-side combination
- A French-door combination with two eye-level refrigerator compartments and a bottom-mounted freezer
- An Armoire that has four doors made up of two eye-level refrigerator compartments and two bottom compartments, one of which can be used as a freezer or as a third refrigerator compartment used for snacks and drinks
Each combination, of course, has its own pros and cons so it is best to consider your lifestyle and the refrigerator’s use over a long period of time. For example, the bottom mount freezer models might not best for those who might not want to bend over to look for frozen food. Those who would
like all their food at eye-level might choose a side-by-side, especially since
many come equipped with ice and water dispensers, an additional convenience.
Click here to read the full article.
Today’s refrigerators are bigger and more energy efficient than those produced two decades ago. According to AHAM’s Trends in Energy Efficiency, in 1991, for instance, the average refrigerator’s consumed 857 kilowatts per hour (kWh) and those manufactured in 2012 consumed only 454 (kWh) – a decrease of over 50%!
Be sure to visit the AHAM Verifide website to search a directory of refrigerators. Refrigerators, refrigerator-freezers and freezers that are verified through AHAM’s Verification Program have been tested and verified by an independent laboratory, assuring consumers that the product will perform according to the manufacturer’s product claims for energy consumption and internal volume.